"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Decision, A Poem



The Decision

A path, lain in rough terrain,
Reaching up where fog forbids i see,
This is the road you say that you
Did once lay out for me.

Eyes that strain dare call it as such
A "road" seems far gracious a name
Fainted winding through rock and toil
It argues to your claim.

Reaching up, looming over me
It makes no sense to tread
To step one foot on such a ground
No matter what you've said

Where it leads is mystery,
What I see fights my logic,
My options feed an angry mind
And cause me to sit so tragic.

Still in the mist I hear you call
Your voice is calm and sure
With a power working against my mind
A sweet and sound allure.

One step is all i need to make
One moment to decide
To trust a promise though I see
No reason for this stride.

Yet as my feet put to the ground
Another step comes clear
In fact it lights up soundly
And wins battle ore my fear.

My limbs are burning now to stretch
But somehow growing stronger
Becoming anxious to move on,
To journey ever longer.

Then, oh, the lifting fog revealing
What I could not before then see
A place to sit in green and sun
To rest and drink and breathe.

More still than this I turn to look
And gasp how high and far
Each little step in cumulation
Can bring one to where you are.

The journey brings it's promise
To life with every stride
Just one foot and then the other
With stability you provide.

More than all my heart is pounding
My lungs are bout to burst
My mind grows clear and focused
More than ever at the first.

I am living! I am striving!
I am joyful in the way!
How could I have wanted other?
To sit and sulk and stay?

So step into the toil my feet!
Enjoy each burning stride!
Till finally the last fog lifting,
In peace and pasture hide.


(Please ask permission for any copying... thank you).




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

~Erin

"It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze." Pslam 18:32-34

Taylor said...

Great poem! Like the painting as well. Where did you get it?

Alicia said...

google images...url

Alicia said...

....and thank you:) i think it needs some modifying but..