"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Sobering Experience


I don't believe dreams tell the future. I also don't believe the world will end in 2012 because of man's calculations, but I did have something strange happen to me.

About six years ago when we lived at our previous house I had an intense dream. I attested it to the fact that I was reading the "Left Behind" book series at the time. I was at Von's in A-town in the parking lot. I had ran for a few things by myself which I noticed as an oddity since I homeschooled at the time and Caedmon was only one. As I walked to my car the world seemed to pause and all of a sudden I was being propelled up into the sky. Crazy right? I felt the intense resistance of gravity on my whole body. I knew I was being raptured and my thought was worry that I was away from my family. I remember this turning to trust and then thoughts of how each of us in the end is intimately responsible to respond to God before the end. I knew I had. All this happened in less than seconds in my mind. Adrenaline pulsed through me and it was so real. Then, I woke up in my bed next to Rick. I remember being sad it had not really happened! That's how real it was, I was ready and I knew where I was going!
It was a dream that stayed with me ever since. Intense, so real and so attesting to the true identity of my soul, but it never happened again. Until this week.

Just a few nights ago I was dreaming that I was crossing the intersection under the 101 at the Morro Exit. Guess where I was headed? I was walking toward the same Vons! Now, isn't that strange. This time it was more slow motion. As I stepped to put my foot out in the cross walk to cross the main street there, the world around me dimmed like someone turned down the lights. The Cars were frozen and lifeless. The people walking and crossing on the other side of the intersection were dim and frozen with their feet stepped out forward.
There were a few split seconds in this part where honestly, I was not sure what was going on. And then it happened again, my body was being propelled up into the sky. Again, the intense pull against gravity, the adrenaline rush. As I went upward I felt like a child praying before I sleep (the Lord my soul to keep sort of feeling) and I said "Lord, forgive me my sins". Which is interesting to me that my assurance was different this time. I felt I'd grown weary recently, though not changing in faith, I was more aware of how real my undeserving soul was.
I woke up at the same place and was again surprised it was not real.

I knew right away there was significance that I had this dream twice even if it was six years ago. Like I said, I don't really believe much in dreams, but here is the sceptic saying "hmmmm".

Or, I feel like I'm in Bones and I'm Brennan saying "What does it mean?"


Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Matt 24:20

No comments: