"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Funkidoodle

Life is funky right now. I hate "the funk" stages of life. It's like one little thing sets off a ton of little things that just put you there and you wait till it lifts.
What put me here?
Everybody getting the flu real bad.
A torn up floor that got more torn up and is waiting for the new tiles to go down (topped with a husband who has NO motivation for projects at all).
Piles waiting for an upcoming garage sale...everywhere.
Painting that is 80% done since before Christmas.
Trees that are about to bud but still need to be badly pruned!
Coupons way behind and unorganized.
Laundry that has been piled since we got sick.
More carpet that has to be ripped up.
Job that was wearing me down but that I didn't want to have to quit, but that I did as of this week.
That DARN five lbs from the holidays that I can't seem to start shaking and how awful it makes my jeans feel!
....and regular life going on in the middle.

I don't know, I just hate funks. Usually it means me rolling up my sleeves and starting at some far corner of the funk to dig my way out. Usually it starts with days of running away and finding stupid errands to do so I don't have to face it. Well, I did that this week and made some dumb decisions. I thought I was going to re-do the bedding for Rick and I and found some great deals but got it all home and did not like it. So, it has to all be returned and I've waisted many hours running around to put something together I won't be using. That was the funk low point this week, the spot that I got really ticked off with myself.
I realize I'm lacking complete spiritual perspective on this whole thing and one and all are welcome to preach to me about this verse or that and how I should be seeing things but I may ignore you. Just being honest.
Because a FUNK is a FUNK and the reality is, you have to dig your way out. You can wine, stand there and "I DON'T WANNNA!" all day, but the reality is, it won't go away on it's own.

Okay, some gratitude to match my blog...... okay. I'm very thankful I did quit my job. It was two hours wearing me down. I would have to build up to it and wind down from it too much. Walking heavy babies for two hours to keep them quiet during nap time wore me out. I had nothing left for my kids when it was over. So, two hours was more than two hours of my life. I'm thankful that I have a clean slate to work with this week. I feel the job has tainted my housewife skills considerably. I look forward to getting back.

I look forward to seeing the funk lift. I know it will.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

No preaching or verse here. I will just continue to pray for you. I knew something was up this week. God has had you on my mind everyday. I am here if you want to talk.

Amy B said...

I believe that I am the expert on abandoning the house so that I don't have to deal with the mess and that includes people, places and things in my house! (-: God gave us all things to enjoy and I just want to tell you that we can be so hard on ourselves sometimes. Sometimes, you just have to move the things off your "to do now" list on to your "during the summer" list and tell yourself that that's okay to do... or you can have a case of the f***-it's and everyone else just has to deal. LOL!!! Whatever you choose, I'm glad you are a normal mom dealing with a normal life allowing us to feel normal around you!