"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Unexpected Encouragement

I'm going through a heavy time right now. God has challenged me with a mission I don't want to take on, a trial I don't want to pass through. I can't see my path out the other end yet and I certainly don't know what waits for me on the other side of it.
So, my head is heavy today. Decided to drive into town for crickets and sandwich bags. Mom's do those weird errands you know. Mostly needed to drive and think.
I listened to my Sara Bareilles cd Rick got me. She is not a christian artist but I found this song to be such a love song to Jesus for me. Only one word changed in my heart. Where she sings "babe" my heart sang "lord" and it has really helped me today.

2 comments:

m. christine weber said...

I love when we can find those moments of light in the midst of the heavy ;-). I'm sorry you're having a hard time of late....

-m

Amy B said...

This encouraged me today so I wanted to share... Hebrews 13:20 & 21. "working in you what is well pleasing in His sight", so rest in Him and He will guide you and work in you through Jesus...