"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Monarch Field Trip- Beautiful Pictures

Yesterday was Caedmon's 2nd grade big field trip to the Monarch grove in PB. It was a gorgeous sunny day and Victoria and I drove down to go with him. I let her skip school to go with us for the day.
I felt so blessed again to be given such a wonderful camera. What a blessing this camera has been for us in so many ways. It's allowed me to start blogging more, to video the kids, for them to make videos (up and coming craziness soon), and it captures so well from far away even. It's been great. I'm very grateful to the giver, we all are.
A solitary beauty hidden in the leaves and basking in the sun.
A wonderful presentation was made to the children of the body structure and life cycle of the Monarch.
My little man and his beloved, well worn crocks.


Helping show life cycle pictures.

He caught mama taking a picture I guess.
Cal Poly gal working on the tagging research project to identify the Monarchs. She explained how they tag them with little stickers. She passed them around so they could see but hopefully not tag themselves.
He towers even over the tallest 2nd graders still.
When you are actually standing there looking up their is constant movement and fluttering in the branches above. I just loved the sun coming through. This really is a bit of an outdoor sanctuary.
This was WAY far away from me in the tree tops, and the camera still got it beautifully.

You have to be careful where you step as they are mating on the ground at your feet.



Again, AMAZING zoom power for a little camera. This is zoomed in to the branches pictured above.


Riding the waves of the wind together.
I took a few videos as well but this one was short and I loved that they all rode the wave of wind in perfect unison. It's simple but fabulous.



1 comment:

Joan said...

Beautiful, Alicia! Wish we could have gone with you. I've forgotten what sunshine looks like! :) What kind of camera do you have? I'm thinking about looking for a new one. Love and hugs to all of you.