"Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes 5:18

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heavy Hearts


I'm sure many of you have Japan heavy on your heart. There is not much we can do from here and I think that adds to the heaviness of this disaster. As a busy mom I walk around wishing I could stop and reflect, to pray more for these people. Yet, the reality is that though there is disaster across the ocean from me, there is life going on here and now that takes much of my energy, time and attention. So, yesterday I was led to pray practically.

I put food together for dinner and as I worked I prayed that God would provide food for these people stranded and without supplies.
I heard my son's water running for his bath and I prayed God would proved their needs for water.
I was overwhelmed with some of my own trials and prayed that God would comfort these afflicted. That he would bring his saints to the hurting to help them turn to Him in this time. When their hearts are open and in pain, that they would have their eyes open to the Truth. That Christ would be found in their sorrow.
As I sometimes struggle just how to even pray for them, I pray for their salvation. I pray for the core of what is important for their souls as none of us are promised tomorrow.
As I see my children play, I pray for those mom's who are in severe pain of loss or question right now. I pray that those who can be found would be and that God would hold them in their loss.
There is just so much that can remind me in the day as I do my mundane stuff that would be so missed in a disaster like this, to pray for their provision. I may not need to sit and reflect to pray for those who are hurting, I can be reminded through what I'm normally use to enjoying.

For what it's worth, I hope the things around you will remind you too.

No comments: